Mugabe won the Presidential race with 61% of the vote against Morgan Tsvangirai's 34%. The House result saw a massive victory for ZANU-PF winning over two thirds of the seats (enough for them to unilaterally amend the Constitution) with their main rival, MDC-T, reduced to a rump of just 50 seats and the breakaway MDC faction wiped out.
So what to the future? Some further predictions:
- The remaining 200 or so white-owned commercial farms will be appropriated by the State. Farm production will continue to deteriorate.
- The indigenization process will gather pace resulting in the exit of western investment replaced by Chinese money and expertise.
- Unemployment will remain at 90% +/-
- The countries infrastructure will continue to deteriorate
- The Reserve Bank will reintroduce the Zim dollar (backed by the countries diamond reserves)
- Inflation will, once again, run rampant
- Mugabe will exit stage left to be replaced by ?